Volunteers are very important people at the Polly Hill Arboretum. As the Arboretum grows, volunteer opportunities continue to increase. Our volunteers staff the Visitor Center, give tours of our grounds, help with events, guide school field trips, assist with mailings, help with greenhouse work, weeding, pruning, and more.
All of our volunteers find their experience at PHA rewarding and fun. Some comments follow:
- “I learn something every time I come here, and just as important, it’s so beautiful.” Elaine Eugster“
- I continually learn something about plants and people. All of our visitors are so interesting.” Ellie Groel
- Prospective volunteers should, “Jump in. Start. Experiment. Listen to other people. Ask questions.” Jim Early
- “Try something different. Come have fun, learn and enjoy.” Nancy Rogers
- Groundswork is great – “One-part work party, one-part informal seminar.” Gary Montrowl
To learn more about volunteer opportunites contact Karin Stanley at 508-693-9426 or firstname.lastname@example.org